Student Scholarship 2019 - Wisconsin Chapter of ASID
ATTENTION 2019 STUDENT MEMBERS!
Applications for the Wisconsin Chapter of ASID Scholarship are now being accepted!
The Wisconsin Chapter of ASID Scholarship is intended to encourage professional development in the field of Interior Design by providing scholarships to ASID Wisconsin student member enrolled in two-year and four-year interior design programs. This year, up to $1,500, total, will be awarded to student(s) demonstrating design ability and potential to contribute to the profession. Each year the ASID Wisconsin Chapter Board will approve the number of awards and financial amounts awarded for that year.
Materials for Download:
- Application is open to ASID Wisconsin student members who will be enrolled full-time or part-time in a two- or four-year Interior Design program in Wisconsin during the upcoming academic year. Students graduating at Fall Semester of the upcoming year are also eligible.
- The applicant must demonstrate a B average (3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale) or better in all major requirements of his/her interior design program courses.
- Once an applicant has received an ASID Wisconsin Chapter Scholarship Award, he/she is eligible to reapply for scholarship aid for up to one additional academic year in which he/she remains a student in one of the two- or four-year Interior Design programs in Wisconsin.
- Renewal of an ASID Wisconsin Chapter Scholarship Award will be subject to the applicant maintaining a B average (3.0 GPA) or above during the previous academic year and resubmitting all application materials. Renewal is not assured.
- All awards are made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- The ASID Wisconsin Chapter Scholarship Committee reviews all scholarship materials and selects the annual scholarship recipient(s).
- Preference is given to students who have demonstrated outstanding design potential and creativity (50%), leadership and potential to contribute to the profession (40%), and strong academic performance (10%).
- Applicants’ design portfolios will be evaluated according to their current level of study. Therefore, students at all levels are encouraged to apply.
- ALL application materials must be received on or before Friday, August 30, 2019
- ALL application materials should be sent electronically to:
You should receive an automatic response indicating that your materials have been received. If you do not receive an email, please contact Bridgett Fish, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 30, 2019.
- The following application materials must be submitted by, or on behalf of the applicant:
- Scholarship Application Form – must be signed by applicant. Form can be found following these procedures.
- Two Recommendation Forms and Two References with Contact Information
- Applicant to provide (2) completed recommendation forms, by faculty member, employer, and/or character reference; and (2) references and their contact information. All references are to be notified of your intent and they must provide permission to be contacted by the Scholarship Committee by submitting a phone number and email address to you in order to be contacted.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education
- Applicant to provide a digital copy of an official transcript indicating enrollment in a two or four-year Interior Design program in the state of Wisconsin. Any indication of alteration or tampering of the transcript will result in disqualification.
- Personal Statement of Career Objectives
- Statement not to exceed one typewritten page. Indicate your professional career objectives. Highlight your leadership abilities and the strengths you can bring to the profession as well as your involvement in your ASID student chapter.
- Design Portfolio
- No more than two complete projects submitted digitally. Note: simply submitting a rendering project does not qualify. You must enter an entire project.
- Submit materials demonstrating design expertise and creativity
- Examples - Images of the following: Material and finish color sample boards, floor plans, elevations, renderings, lighting plans or power plans. Projects relating to color theory and 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional design elements and principles.
- Project submission must include a copy of project assignment or problem statement as presented by the course instructor.
- A digital copy of the floor plan is required.
- Images must be high quality visual representations of individual work and not digitally altered for color or content.
The scholarship award is intended for tuition and course fees. However, the scholarship check will be made payable to the student whose name is listed on the application.
- August 30, 2019: Deadline for receipt of Scholarship Application and Applicant Recommendation Forms, Personal Statement and Design Portfolio.
- By Mid-September: Scholarship recipient(s) will be notified. Please do not call Wisconsin Chapter ASID for notification.
- End of September (Date TBD): Scholarships will be presented at the Wisconsin Chapter of ASID Annual Scholarship Fundraiser, location to be determined. Additional details for the event are forthcoming.