Assistant Interior Designer - Haven Interiors
JOB SUMMARY: The interior designer assistant will provide administrative support to the lead designers and also help in the design process. Will interface with vendors, contractors, clients and retail walk in customers.
• Assist the Lead Designers on projects with space planning, placement of furniture, color coordination.
• Maintain organized and accurate client binders.
• Organize library samples and design studio.
• Follow up with vendors/suppliers/clients as needed.
• Site surveying – measuring spaces.
• Create estimates and portfolios for clients.
• Check stock, lead-time and pricing of items.
• Coordinate delivery and installation schedules.
• Be on-site for shipments/deliveries/installations as required.
• Greet walk-in customers.
• Record and keep track of design hours for purposes of billing.
• Associates degree in interior design.
• 1 plus years experience in home furnishings.
• Computer skills – Mircosoft Suite, SketchUp.
• Prepares handmade and digital designs.
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
• Reliable, resourceful, and adaptable.
• Ability to multitask, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Professional presentation skills.
• Creative with rational thought.
• Possesses a positive attitude.
Compensation – Competitive salary. Opportunity for advancement. 401K savings plan (once eligible), along with the potential of profit sharing bonuses. Paid vacation time.