Interior Designer - Haven Interiors
Haven Interiors LTD is an award-winning residential design firm that specializes in creating a high-style environment with luxury furnishings for the home. For over a decade our Milwaukee studio has earned the trust of client’s from coast to coast. Within the industry our reputation is highly respected. As a result of our growth we are currently seeking a talented full-time Interior Designer with 6+ years of experience to join the team of professionals at our new boutique showroom in historic Geneva, IL.
JOB SUMMARY: The interior designer collaborates with clients, architects and contractors, to develop all aspects of the interior design process. Is passionate about customer service and provides quality merchandise that complements the clients home.
• Consult customers on the services offered and the design process.
• Provide design expertise and cultivate the desire to have quality furnishings and a personalized lifestyle.
• Lead the design efforts, prepare and present concept renderings.
• Conduct space planning from blueprints, or on-site measurements.
• Select materials, fabrics, and finishes from a large selection of suppliers.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously from contract to delivery setup.
• Supervise, direct and mentor associate designers.
• Communicate employee development of junior designers to management.
• Adheres to quality standards of the organization.
• Oversee studio gallery insuring all customers have a delightful experience.
• Respect the intimate nature of a client relationship by being discrete.
• Ensure fiscal goals are achieved.
• Degree in Interior Design from an accredited program.
• Minimum 6 years experience within a design firm or high-end furniture sales.
• Professional portfolio that shows talent for developing custom spaces.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
• Good listening skills.
• Broad knowledge of effective sales techniques.
• Strength in sketching and SketchUp.
• Proficient in Microsoft office.
• Domestic travel as needed for client appointments, and industry training.
• Knowledge of Art and Architecture preferred.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize with limited supervision.
• Valid drivers license.
• Leads by example.
• Demonstrates a professional work ethic.
• Accountable for schedules and budgets.
• Displays confidence, imagination, and artistic skills.
• Exhibits pride and ownership of projects.
• Maintains flexibility.
• Ability to team or partner on projects as needed.
• Possesses an understanding of design principles and theory.
• Refined taste and discerning eye for luxury.
Compensation – High commissions provide superb earnings opportunities in addition to a 401K savings plan (once eligible), along with the potential of profit sharing bonuses. Paid vacation time.