IMPORTANT For ALL Interior Designers - The Design of Code Compliant Plans
Be your own expert. Have confidence in your knowledge of code compliance.
Presented by the International Code Council
Roger Axel, CBO
Building Official, City of New hope, MN
- List and describer each of the three main parts of a means of egress
- Identify the eight fundamental means of egress design issues
- Calculate the occupant load and determine the required means of egress capacity
- Determine the required number of exit access doorways and exits
- Determine the requirements for arrangement of the means of egress elements, including: the location of exit access doorways and exits, the exit access travel distance, the common path of egress travel, any egress through adjoining spaces
- Determine the requirements for the design, including fire-resistance – rated construction, of egress elements, including corridors; stairways; exit passageways, areas of rescue and horizontal exits
- Determine the requirements for door hardware, including panic hardware and door latching devices
- Determine the requirements for location and mounts of means of egress lighting and signage
- Evaluate the adequacy of a horizontal exits as part of a means of egress plan
- Evaluate the means for egress in assembly spaces
- Evaluate the adequacy of accessible means of egress
- 8:00 AM – Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 AM – Presentation
- Morning and Afternoon Breaks
- Lunch Included
- 4:00 PM – Conclusion
Unwind in the I.d. Restaurant in the Delafield Hotel following the session!
During the day, meet our lobbyists from The Firm and some Legislative Guests.