Business Development Representative - Forrer Business Interiors, Inc.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: MARKETING/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
The Milwaukee area’s exclusive dealer of Steelcase products, Forrer Business Interiors has been helping organizations transform their businesses through creative workplace design since 1948. We are unique in that we offer products and services founded in research methodologies that focus on the user and how they really work. We understand how work and workers have changed and how that has changed the workplace. And it’s with these insights that we design and offer the broadest range of architecture, furniture and technology solutions – solutions designed to create great work experiences across all industries – from corporate spaces and start-up offices to healthcare and education spaces.
With a state-of-the-art working showroom, Forrer team members live and work in the very furniture applications and design solutions we propose to clients so that they can see the benefits first-hand. This unique method helps our customers discover ways their current workspaces could be improved to increase productivity and efficiency and helps spark new ideas they hadn’t considered before.
We’re growing, and we’re searching for a Business Development Representative to join our brand new marketing and business development team. The Business Development Representative is responsible for supporting Forrer’s efforts to win more new/strategic business by helping identify, qualify and pursue new business opportunities. This role requires a dynamic presenter with a passion for researching, connecting, networking and sharing the story of how we help businesses meet their strategic goals through workplace design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Networks extensively for leads (business groups, real estate brokers, local community organizations, industry organizations—IFMA, BOMA, etc.); develops relationships with key influencers (real estate brokers, construction firms property managers).
· Researches for leads through business journals, newspapers, industry periodicals and publications, social media (LinkedIn), web searches, etc.
· Works with marketing team to establish formal plan for generating new business for dealership; plan is reviewed and revised on a regular basis (monthly) as needed.
· Works with marketing team to identify and target potential clients based on different market segments, including major corporations, local/state/federal government business, education/healthcare organizations and emerging/growing businesses; uses deliberate, measurable long-term plan to penetrate these accounts.
· Manage database/CRM to organize and structure marketing efforts with identified prospects.
Qualification and Turnover
· Qualifies leads into potential customers; does detailed need analysis to understand client’s requirements for furniture products and services.
· Researches clients’ core business to completely understand market factors that impact client's business.
· Sets up contact with account/lead to present dealership's products and services; may bring other sales, design or other staff on first meeting or not.
· Makes persuasive presentations to customers on dealership’s products and services—in person, through written/graphic documentation and electronic means.
· Create appropriate marketing materials (as needed) using marketing templates and other resources.
· Works closely with dealership's manufacturer representatives, designers, and project fulfillment teams to ensure client responsiveness and present appropriate materials/resources to help secure the business.
· Brings sales staff into accounts/leads to gain familiarity with client and internal team prior to han
Presentations/Knowledge Sharing and Customer Communications
· Able to learn storytelling/research and insights and confidently share/present those ideas to customers/partners via showroom tours, presentations and meetings.
· Leverage Steelcase tools and resources for leading effective discussions with customers to uncover needs, requirements, goals, barriers and risks.
· Is available to respond swiftly to customer/partner inquiries, requests for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc.
· Ensure a seamless transition of customers to sales or fulfilment staff at the appropriate time and over the appropriate duration.
· Maintains professional, cooperative relationships with customers, vendors/suppliers, subcontractors and coworkers.
· Assist in bid/RFP response strategy and execution as necessary.
· Promptly respond to inquiries to support individual, team and company success.
· Continual participation and engagement in process improvement strategies.
· Perform various duties as requested by management.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Technology: Proficient with basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and email/calendaring applications. Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint. Knowledge of CRM/database management tools. Able to functionally use emerging technologies (tablets/mobile devices, AV connectivity, etc.) to support the sales process. Basic to intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a huge plus. Familiarity with design software (AutoCAD/CAP, rendering softwares, etc.) helpful.
· Driving Requirements: Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation to and from job sites as required. Must be able to transport materials as required.
· Hours and Work Environment: Individual must meet or exceed job requirements and company expectations. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Must maintain a flexible work schedule, working in the office and at customer locations, with possible varying shifts and able to work additional hours as required, including nights and weekends.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Elite business-minded individual with a drive for success, a desire to “hunt” and focus on uncovering new opportunities. Resilient individual with the ability to professional cope with rejection.
· Exhibit passion and excitement about our industry and new business development.
· Self-starter and active learner. Hungry to win, be the best and propel Forrer to the top of our marketplace.
· Confident and determined approach with effective prospecting and presentation skills.
· Possess the ability to meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced working environment without substituting quality or accuracy.
· Maintain professional, positive and ethical demeanor with customers, trades, peers and management.
· Skilled in both written and verbal communication and able to connect dynamically with customers and coworkers to create great outcomes and exceed expectations.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with many personality types and adapt to varying tasks/environments. Ability to build relationships, good rapport and instill confidence.
· Punctual, highly organized and focused on details and accuracy. Fast-paced and able to multi-task, manage multiple projects, requests, deadlines and work amongst constant interruption.
· Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision. Focused on delivering great customer experiences to both internal and external customers.
· Quick-thinker, able to apply creative solutions to solve unique problems. Drive and initiative to learn a complex industry, business system and processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 2- or 4-year degree in Business, Marketing/Sales or related specialty from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ previous sales/marketing or related experience.
· Experience in the office furniture, design/architecture or commercial real estate industry highly preferred.
· Respectful Always: We are respectful. Always. We are polite, courteous, kind. We look for the positive first. We treat others how they wish to be treated.
· Self-Directed: We get it done. We are guided – not managed. We are disciplined, stick to our commitments and deliver what we promise.
· Dedicated: We work really hard. We have a passion for what we do. We put in the time and effort required to turn out our best work. But we balance that hard work with a belief that life is more than work – we play hard, too.
· Positive: We say yes. We approach our work with energy and enthusiasm. We have a can-do approach to solving problems and a desire to help make the impossible possible.
· Problem Solvers: We make things better. We are tenacious, resourceful and creative problem solvers. We can’t stop until we figure it out, making things better for our customers and co-workers.
· Service Heart: We are here to make a difference. We are passionate about creating great experiences – for each other, our customers, and the communities we live in. We have a natural desire to serve others.
TO APPLY Visit our website at http://www.forrerinteriors.com/careers. Email or mail resumes including a current email address or stop in to complete an employment application. Email resumes to: email@example.com with “Business Development Representative Position” in the subject line, mail to: Forrer Business Interiors, Attention Human Resources, 555 West Estabrook Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53212.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position and shall not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other state or federal protected class. Forrer Business Interiors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. All applicants are subject to appropriate pre-employment testing.