Emerging Professionals Committee
ASID defines this as: “Interior designers within +/-5 years of professional practice are considered emerging professionals where they begin to define their career. Upon entering mid-career, interior designers begin to refine their career and focus their work. During these career stages, the interior designer’s path is self-defined with opportunities to pursue advanced education, certifications, and specialties.”
Absolutely! We fully support having students take on active roles within the EP committee to help them develop necessary skills while still in school and help them build their professional network prior to graduation. This is always on a voluntary basis and doesn’t require specific commitments.
This committee’s purpose is to bring together young designers and connect them to other ASID Wisconsin members and the overall design community. We welcome student members and are open to any designers involved in ASID or who would like to be involved in ASID. This includes (but is not limited to) students, beginning, and advanced designers as well as non-members interested in ASID membership. We typically hold open planning sessions on a bi-monthly basis and plan 3-4 full chapter events each year.
- Offering Networking opportunities to young designers
- Offering NCIDQ prep tools
- Connecting to professional members through events such as our annual Panelist Event
- Connecting EP’s to the job bank
- Offering site tours at different locations throughout the chapter
- Gaining chapter recognition for our volunteers
- Free committee membership
- Offer FREE or low-cost events where possible
ASID Wisconsin’s EP committee is organized by co-chairs and has board support from ASID Wisconsin’s Membership Director. If you are interested in attending a meeting and/or finding out more information, please apply!
- EP Summer Meetups [Details Coming Soon!]
- EP Workshop Event: October 2023 [Details Coming Soon!]
- [Chapter] Finding Your Authentic Self
- EP Panelist Event: February 2023 View the recording HERE.
- CANstruction Milwaukee: Public Awards Presentation
- [Chapter] GA “What’s Next?” Event – WI ACT 195 Analyzed
- ABHM Building Tour of America’s Black Holocaust Museum. If you were unable to make the event you can view the gallery exhibits and current museum hours here: https://www.abhmuseum.org/galleries/
- ASID EP Happy Hour Event: Networking and planning session held at Blue Sombrero in Wauwatosa. View the Photo Gallery HERE
- ASID WI & NEWH Partner Event: Hotel Indigo Tour in Madison. View the Photo Gallery HERE.
- NCIDQ Panel Discussion. View the recording HERE
- [Chapter] CANstruction Milwaukee
ASID Wisconsin’s EP committee is looking to highlight students and Emerging Professionals throughout the chapter monthly that have gone above and beyond to support and promote themselves and the interior design profession through their involvement in ASID Wisconsin and/or their respective student chapter.
Consider nominating yourself or someone you know. Nominations can be submitted HERE
We are a committee in constant fluctuation. If you have been involved in at least 3 planning sessions, and do not see your name listed; please contact Brianna Arpy at firstname.lastname@example.org.